YOGURT PANNA COTTA WITH CRAMBERRY PEAR SAUCE
by Kate Sherwood
Makes 8 servings
PANNA COTTA* INGREDIENTS
1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
¼ cup sugar
1 envelope plain powdered gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
1 large container (16-18 ounces) fat-free Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 recipe cranberry pear sauce (see below)
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk with the sugar over
low heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved,
about 3 minutes. Remove fromt he heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the gelatin with the water and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the gelatin into the warm milk and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt and vanilla extract. Whisk in the milk.
- Pour 1/ 3 cup of the mixture into each of 8 serving glasses.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Serve with the cranberry pear sauce.
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and diced
¼ cup sugar
1 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer
for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a heat-proof bowl and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: Calories 120; Total Fat 0 g; Sat Fat 0 g; Protein 7 g; Carbs 32 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 40 mg.
*Frozen vanilla yogurt can be substituted for the panna cotta recipe (as pictured).